Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Challenge {DT Scrap For Help}

Hello Everyone!
Second day of the New Year and I have already
a new layout to share with you :-)
"Scrap For Help" challenge blog has a fun challenge
this month and it`s about using "String".
We had to create a layout using "string" and this is
what I came up with -----> using twine....
STRING!!!! (yarn/twine) What a great recycled material to use on a project, So many uses.

A fun one for sure!!!
You can use String, Yarn or Twine for this challenge.

You can use left over bits, or recycled pieces used to wrap Christmas presents....Just think outside the box and create a page using this material.

You can include it on your work as is, or think of a clever way to incorporate it some how-

You might want to stamp with it.

Emboss paper or card stock with it,

Impress it into wet media...... etc

You are only limited by your creative imagination!!!!
For the challenge please go -----> HERE

PRODUCTS I USED:

{MODERN ROMANCE} collection
* * * 

{655268} Sizzix Big Shot Machine
{658240} Sizzix Decorative Strip - Brick wall

* * *

{IDP 0043} My Little Girl

{IDB 0002} Four Circles Border

{IDB 0010} Edward Relief

{IDS 0016} Window With Lattice

  • I used the twine to make the centres of the chippie flowers.
  • Each chippie flower was cut out separately from the chipboard border (see photo above).
  • I added a pearl in the centre of the flowers as a final touch.
  • The Sizzix Brick wall decorative strip was cut out twice and then cut in a few pieces.
  • All the flourish was fussy cut from the beautiful "Modern Romance" collection.

I hope you enjoyed my post today and I hope to see you
playing along with us at Scrap For Help challenge blog.

Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Hi Gerry! Another gorgeous layout.. love the brick work on the back ground.. beautiful photo too... lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just totally stunning- LOVE this to bits~!!

    And don't you just adore the new WP logo?! I also like to post MF logos with my supplies list (something I have always admired that you do- keeps things so nicely organized and professional looking!)~ can't wait to use it myself. Just didn't want you to think I was like a certain somebody else snagging your ideas ;)- hee hee ;)~

    But thanks, my sweet friend for your unending inspiration! Love your use of the string- amazing, amazing...

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gerry, too beautiful for words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very beautiful. It's designed perfectly! Lovely work...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Gerry and I truly love the window and the brick wall. Love the idea of twine in the centre of the flowers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work. Love all of the details and who thought that string could look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW this is perfect! LOVE all the details . What a sweet photo too :) REALLY love how you used the ID chipboard

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow this is totally a good work Gerry I love the title...I wonder g=how did you make the bricks??? Super loving it

    ------Charllie G.-------

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Gerry, this is absolutely stunning!!! Love the brick wall die, looked it up and ordered it! Love the twine in the centre of the flowers!Thanks for the wonderful inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous project, Gerry! as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this Gerry! Absolutely stunning! Your fussy cutting skills are amazing, the flowers are perfect....what do you use to do your cut work? Love the brick wall too! I think I need that die.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout as always Gerry! Love all the little, special details! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gerry,your all works are very beautiful!
    ...absolutely stunning!!!
    I am honored to be able to join you iin Scrap for help!

    ReplyDelete