Sunday, December 9, 2012

An Altered "Book" Box {Prima Marketing}

Hi there!
I altered this "book" box not so long ago for a post on Prima Marketing`s Blog. The blog post was about {Breaking All the Rules} with a product/products. This is what I came up with.....to alter a box using resist canvas pages from Prima`s  Mixed Medium Album.
SUPPLIES LIST:
{561055} Mixed Media Album
{559106} Notecard in a Pouch Zephyr
{560003} Velvet Trinkets Tea-Thyme
{559311} Wood Buttons Zephyr
{561031} Resist Canvas Swirls
{560317} SIIC Mini Swirls Romance Novel
{560614} Say it in Crystals 
{559717} Metal Trinkets Rosarian
{891589} Metal Trinkets Clock Hands
{891596} Metal Trinkets Clock Faces
{891572} Metal Trinkets Industrial lamp
{891534} Metal Trinkets Typo Bulbs 2
{891459} Resin Collection Marvelle
{890674} Resin Roman Pillars
{560898} Mask 7x7 Circle
{560782} Cling Stamps Firefly
{922252} Poppies & Peonies Green
{922283} Poppies & Peonies Orange
{561369} Encore Ivory
{561673} Soprano Yellow
{561703} Soprano Aqua
{549138} Summer Carnation 2 Tangerine
{533731} Flutter Vines Fuchsia


  • My first step was to paint the box - I`ve done here a lot to achieve the result I wanted. I used different mediums like acrylic paint, chalk board mist, gesso, ink, glimmer mist, etc.
  • The resist canvas on the cover was first slightly misted. 
  • Then I used mask and modelling paste - once it was dry I cut it out in the shape of the mask and adhered it on the cover and tried to give a heart shape...
This is the cover before I began decorating it....
  • The gorgeous corner Resins - designed by Ingvild Bolme - were painted with Patina - antique brown.
  • Further I had so much FUN as always adding flowers and embellies...


{IDW 0019} Compass with Travel
  • I used here "Bon Voyage" chipboard from Imaginarium Designs
  • I applied with my finger :-) simply modelling paste and let it dry.
Did you notice the circle around the clock?
I used one branch from the Summer Carnation vine and quickly made a circle out of it...
  • And this is what the box looks like inside ...
  • One resist canvas page was cut into two and used for both backgrounds.
  • The Industrial Lamp was used here upside down so I could create a street lamp together with the resin Pillar.

I hope you enjoyed my project today!
Have a peaceful Sunday!
    Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. as always stunning!!! and the colors are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prachtige box Gerry!
    Zowel van binnen als van buiten.
    xxx, C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit Gerry that I'm not into off-the-page but I love this project so much you may just have inspired me. I love all of the detail and your amazing techniques, thanks for sharing how you created this box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful project!! Love the colors you used, and all the beautiful details, wow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous book box, pretty and bright :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful, brilliant colors and embellies..

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous...inside and out!!! lovely summer colors! xxx

    ReplyDelete