Monday, April 23, 2012

Sit & Relax ~STTG~ and ~SIZZIX~

Hi there!
It seems to me like ages since my last post but actually it`s only a few days ..... Hope you are all well and enjoying your life!
Today I have a layout to share with you I created for Stay True To God ...using products from the store and also playing along with one of the challenges running at the STTG ning.site.
I also used a lot of Sizzix products on this layout :-)
SUPPLIES LIST:

Glitz Design "Beautiful Dreamer"
Glitz Design "French Kiss"
Glitz Design "Pretty in Pink
Glitz Beautiful Dreamer - transparent stickers
Glitz French Kiss - Whatnot Die-cuts

{656640} Sizzix Bigz Die "Tattered Florals"
{657667} Embossing Folders "Loving Thoughts Set"
{657670} Embossing Folders "Roses & Frame Set"
{657009} Sizzix Original Dies "Butterflies & Rings"
{657826} Decorative Strip Die "Washer Border"
{657827} Decorative Strip Alphabet Die  "Inside Out"

I mixed 3 collections from Glitz Design to create this layout. 
We have a great challenge at STTG and it`s all about TEXTURED MADNESS - Create your own background using mixed media and/or create a textured paper flowers.  You can find everything about this challenge hosted by Wendy Greenaway -------> HERE
Well I didn`t do much on my background here but I hand-made the flowers. I used modeling paste to achieve the texture. I don`t take credit for the flowers. I didn`t copy ;-) the flowers as well but I got inspired from Wendy`s Textured Flower Tutorial which you can find ----> HERE ....Thank you, Wendy!
  • I used two different embossing folders from Sizzix . When they were embossed I cut the frames out and layered them behind my photo....
  • I also used a Decorative strip die to mat my photo.

  • I just love the NEW "Inside out" alphabet die from Sizzix......you`ll see it more often in the future :)

Hope you enjoyed my layout today! Please come and check ALL our challenges at STTG ning.site...they are all awesome and of course you have the chance to win a gift card -------> HERE

Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. Your layout is so gorgeous! I love your colour combo and your wonderful photo framing. Plus your note to self sounds great;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sigh! such a beautiful page my friend!! I love what you've done with the pretty papers and the Sizzix goodies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous details, love all the techniques :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh this is so beautiful Gerry, It makes me want to sit and relax and stare at your lovely layout!! so much to look at, and beautiful papers and all the embellishments you have made using your dies.. a really gorgeous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the layering Gerry...but I also love the sentiment...I think we all get so caught up in our busy lives sometimes, that we forget to make time for ourselves! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gerry! Love how you made this about yourself! You are awesome Gerry! Truly! Love all the products you used in such creative new ways!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous details as always!! I'm love'n all the Sizzix die cuts and embossing... perfect for your love of layering!! Great "puffy paint" flourish too!! :) big hugs... Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  8. always a joy to see your pages sweetie! this is another gorgeous one! hugs *Ingrid*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prachtig werk heb je weer gemaakt Gerry,
    vooral de laatste layout is erg mooi!
    Tot snel!
    xxx, C

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW love how you've combined the different collections! and the flourish/flower you made with the pearl pen is just sooo pretty. I've just got myself a Big Shot and am eagerly scouring all layouts I see with any die cuts for ideas of dies to buy. Absoloutely amazing page! Thanks so very much for the incredible inspiration Gerry, you're a star!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete