Monday, March 5, 2012

Mini Tag Album ~Webster`s Pages~

Hi there!
Today I have a mini tag album to share with you that I created for Webster`s Pages.  I used the awesome NEW "Palm Beach" Collection which was perfect for the three photos I wanted to use here....
Supplies List ("Webster`s Pages"):
Making the album
  • I began by printing twice the FREE tag I found on Internet -------> HERE
  • I used cardboard so my mini album will be solid. 
  • I used the template to cut out 4 tags from cardboard.
  • Then I used one sheet of pattern paper to cut once again 4 tags so I can "dress up" the cardboard tags.
  • Then I cut out the inner part of the tag so I can cut form the other pattern paper 4 smaller tags.


  • The smaller tags were hand-stitched along the edges.
  • After adhering the pattern papers to the cardboard my mini tag album was ready to be decorated.

Making the flowers
  • To make the flower I chose two kinds of trim.
  • I cut small stripes and weaved in and out along one edge of the ribbon.
  • Pulled both ends of the thread until they "met" and I tied the ends of the thread.
  • I did the same to both trims BUT:
N.B. I cut a little bit in the length from the white trim so it will be narrower than the blue trim. I did this because I wanted a smaller flower.
  • As a final touch I added a sparkler in the center of the flower.

And this is the final result....
Decorating the album
  • To decorate the tags I cut out my own embellishments from the pattern papers.
  • To give some dimension they were adhered with foam pads (3 mm)




  • I added puffy paint round the punched holes of the tags.
  • I coudln`t resist adding my favorite and so cute push pins.

  • Each photo was distressed along the edges.

  • I stamped underneath the photo using the same stamp.

Wow, that was a long post! I hope you weren`t bored ;-) and enjoyed my mini tag album. I had so much fun creating it.

Have a wonderful week!
Hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Wow Gerry Not boaring at all, fasinating more like.
    What a great tutorial and so easy to follow, it looks easy and so lovely. Must have a go at this.
    I am always after little projects to do with the school children I teach. My latest things to do with them is a Canvas, a painted ceramic mug and a giant peg, but I am always looking for new ideas.
    Because I have a Cricut Machine I can cut the taqg shapes out easily aswell, so must try this with them.
    Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Amazing and beautiful detail- your step-by-steps were so clear & concise- well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bored? I'm never bored by your gorgeous creations! This mini album is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Wow Gerry, just love your mini album got me sarting my own *grin*......the picture go so well with the papers! And you flowers are way 2 cute. Hugs Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. sooooooo gorgeous and wonderful tut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love it !!! Thanks for sharing !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful....love all the little touches! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Gerry!! I love your beautiful tags! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow.. you made it look so doable except the stitching part.. I can't see to thread my needles. :-(.
    This is sooooo beautiful. I love how you made the flowers too. Truly a work of art!Thank you for sharing with us. Great photographs too.

    ReplyDelete