Friday, March 30, 2012

Manor House Creations & The Scrap Cake (Step by Step Layout)

Hi there!
Today I`m sharing with you a layout that I created for Manor House Creations using their beautiful flowers. I combined it with the gorgeous collection from The Scrap Cake "My Private Happiness" designed by talented Karola Witczak.
It`s an Easter layout because we have an Easter Inspirations week at The Scrap Cake Blog.
You`ll see how I created this layout by showing you step by step tutorial.

SUPPLIES LIST:

Other supplies
  • White card stock
  • Distressing Tool
  • Glimmer Mist
  • Mask
  • Modeling paste
  • Puffy Paint
  • Black fine liner
  • Edge punch
  • Ink
STEP 1
Love creating on white card stock because it gives me a lot of possibilities to play with the background. 
In this case I chose two colors paint. The yellow was misted but as you can see I have only tiny splashes of blue here and there. Later I added splashes of yellow as well.

 STEP 2
One of the pattern papers (see photo below) in "My Private Happiness" collection has a beautiful lattice. Well, I couldn`t help it ;-) .....  I decided to fussy cut it and use it on my background.

 STEP 3
I used the mask with bricks in the middle of the card stock. I masked with modeling paste. When it was dry I noticed I didn`t achieve the dimension I wanted so I decided to add something more.....and I added puffy paint.
N.B. Before I added the puffy paint I outlined the "Bricks" with black fine liner.
If you look carefully at the photo half of the masking is only with modeling paste and the other half is with puffy paint - I took this photo especially to show you the difference!

STEP 4
  • Firstly I distressed the edges of the card stock using Ingvild Bolme`s Distress tool
  • Secondly, I cut out flourish from the pattern paper.
  • I also cut out strips from the pattern paper so I can frame "the bricks"
  • Then I placed my photos on the left side just to see how it`d look like.
  • I was satisfied and I attached: 1. the "Frame" 2. the photos 3. the flourish


 STEP 5
  • Before I began with the flowers I used a deep edge punch to decorate both the flourish above and my two photos. What I tried to create with those punched borders was little balconies ;-) with flowers and eggs peeking out of the balcony.
  • I adhered the title "EASTER" on the punched border.
  • Now it was time to use one of the big flowers ("Frosting") - I needed the pink one so I tore/cut it in parts.

  •  All the petals were used to decorate the cut-out flourishes.

STEP 6
Now it`s time for the colorful Sprinkles. I chose 6 flowers in total:
  • Three to decorate this cute basket (a die from Marianne Design) and three flowers for the left side of the photos.
  • N.B. The yellow flowers on the right and the green one on the let were cut into tow!!!

STEP 7
  • The yellow and the green halves I used to decorate my other cute little basket (a die from Marianne Design)
  • I also added the Cutie Pie flower in the middle.
  • Then I adhered the year "2011".


STEP 8
  • As a final touch to the flowers I added one more Cutie Pie flower on the very left side.


STEP 9
  • My last step was to add some more cut put embellishments - the bird, swirls, etc.
  • I added this cord because I damaged the paper and I had to make it look nice :-)

Well, if you reached the end you are awesome!
Thank you for your patience to look at this long post! 
Hope you enjoyed it!
If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Wishing you a wonderful day!
Hugs,

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, this is such a sweet and pretty Easter page! I love the gingham background, the bright colours, the photos...just everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Gerry.. wow this is stunning.. thanks for the step by step, this layout comes together so beautifully.. really gorgeous colors and as always a beautiful end result!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it is such a awesome. I really like this page. You are such a creative person.

    ReplyDelete