Thursday, March 15, 2012

Guest-Designer for "Scrap Africa"

Hi there!
It`s a beautiful, sunny day here in The Netherlands and I smell the Spring is on its way...YAY! And with Spring coming I`m getting lazy and.... in a different mood.....in a good way of course!
Perhaps you noticed I didn`t post so much work lately but I`m busy with so many things at the same time - kids, house, preparing my DT work, lots of guest-designing work, preparing for my trip to Australia and the workshops there - Did I tell you how excited I am ;-)? Well, in other words a lot to do in the coming two months but I love what I do and I know I`ll manage ...as always :-))))
And I have some more amazing news to share....but for now I have to keep it for myself....I know I`m a teaser ;-)

Well, now about my layout today. I was invited some time ago to guest-design for a New challenge blog "Scrap Africa" and I was more than happy to say "yes" and support them in this new adventure. I got a beautiful sketch (see photo below) to work with and I enjoyed every second of it.
Please visit this new challenge blog and if you have the time play along -------> HERE
Now, about the photo - this gorgeous girl is the daughter of Agnieszka aka Bellaidea and her name is Alexis.
  • This layout is a combination of pattern papers and canvas.
  • The pattern papers I used are from "Maja Design" .
  • I did some masking using Tattered Angels` mask the oval one behind the canvas.
  • For the masking behind the photo I used an old embossing stencils that I have in my stash. I`m using recently a lot of them for masking. 
  • The canvas sheet was sprayed with two colors Glimmers Mist.
  • The edges were distressed with Ingvild Bolme`s Distress Tool - perfect to work with!
  • The flourish was stamped with "Stampendous" cling Rubber Stamps ("Rosehips CRS5022-R")
  • I didn`t do anything special here - stamping & cutting the patterns out.
  • What I did here .... to make my life easier...LOL....was to stamp on pattern papers from the collection so I didn`t have to color in anything.
TIP What I usually do by stamping is to mix different colors ink -    Love the effect!

  • I couldn`t go without a little bit of hand-stitching.


  • I used modeling paste for the masking.


Well, it was a long post but I hope you enjoyed it.
Thank you "Scrap Africa" for inviting me :-)!

Wishing a beautiful day!
Hugs,

18 comments:

  1. Such beautiful texture and detail- love it all. Your step by step is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo pretty !!! You worked the paper to a T.. Fabulous design! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Gerry for supporting Scrap Africa...wow...you really are such a Scrap Angel!!!!! This layout is just beautiful and all the little details are just gorgeous! Thanks again....you're inspiration deluxe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! My jaw just hit the flour: what a stunning layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gerry thank you so very much for being a guest designer at Scrap Africa! and thank you for your amazingly beautiful LO!
    now I understand why you know Russian :-))) I was a bit puzzled when it came from, as I thought a Dutch lady :-)))
    and I recognized Alexis :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this Gerry!! Thank you so much for the awesome tutorial!! The canvas is a great touch... gotta try it!! :) hugs... Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful Gerry!! I so wish u were travelling to Victoria while u r in Australia. I would have jumped at the chance to come meet u & do one of ur classes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - so many things I love about this Gerry - the texture of the Modelling Paste - the stamped fussy cut floral designs - they look soooo great - must try these things myself - thanks for the inspiration you always provide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful!!!!! Such great work, as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful page and textures!!!! gorgeous page Gerry!
    enjoy your sunday sweetie!
    hugs Ingridxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. breathtaking Gerry absolutely loving all the texture and layers ... awesome work xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. amazing layout Gerry!!! so Inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Gerry!
    I saw this page couple weeks ago in the hotel when I wastraveling with my family but I wanted to comment when I have more time. I admire your work for a long time and still this time you did suprised me in a beautiful way!
    I love your design and all details, colors are beautiful too. Thank you so much for this great oportunity. My dd of course loves this page too!
    Hugs and kisses from 2 of us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally echoing Agnieszka - each and one of your pages is a total show stopper! each time you have come up with a new detail, a new way of doing things and the result is always totally breathtaking! Love the wonderful combo of different elements and papers, really perfect together! and gosh Alexis really is such a beautiful young lady! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely, delicate page. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete