Friday, February 10, 2012

Sweet 4 ~The Color Room~

Hi there!
It`s Friday and the new palette is revealed at The Color Room! This week`s palette #97 is a masculine one and it`s based on one of the awesome collection of Maja Design - "Vintage Winter" collection!
Because I didn`t have "Vintage Winter" collection I had to improvise and use my own stash to create this layout. And even though it`s a masculine palette I decided to use it with a photo of my daughter....
To create this layout I mixed 6 different brands pattern papers:
  • Magnolia pattern papers
  • Bo Bunny
  • Prima Marketing
  • Graphic 45
  • Making Memories
  • Basic Grey

And here are a few close-ups for you.....

  • Because I didn`t have flowers to match the pattern papers I used, I had to hand-made my own flowers.
  • The hand-made flowers were created with the help of Donna Salazar Rose Creations dies. 
  • Once I made other flowers with these dies and if you are interested please check this link -------> HERE


  • I stamped the background with LaBlanche silicone stamp.
  • The heart is from Prima Marketing pattern papers. The title letters as well.
  • The butterflies were cut out from Graphic 45 pattern paper.
  • The white cut out swirls are from Marianne Designs - Thanks, Corina! xoxoxo
  • The blue and red swirls are from Bo Bunny.
  • The black frame matting the photo is from Prim marketing Transparent sheet.
  • The heart was originally black and white but it was colored in with Copic Markers. It`s from Prima Marketing.


  • I used an embossing stencil to make the masking.
  • I also misted the background using Glimmer Mist (Blue and Brown)


  • The cute little birds are from Prima Marketing Transparent sheet.

Hope you enjoyed my post today! For more inspiration please check the amazing Photo Wall at The Color Room ning.site!

I`ll be tomorrow back with some great news :-)))....so please stay tuned!
Have a great day!
Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. very swwet photo and beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Прекрасна както винаги.Разкошни цветя!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is amazing!!!!
    Love your handmade flowers =)
    Hugs
    Ledesma

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great in improvising Gerry!
    I don't particularly like a color-combo including red and blue, but you managed to make a page that is one of my favourites!:))
    xxx, C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, you did a really amazing job on mixing up so many different collections and on using these colours. Your layout is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing how you made the masculine colors work so well for your little girl! I enjoy mixing pps and embellies of different brands like you did. Gorgeous page, Gerry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Your work is amazing! I am more of a clean and simple scrapper, but I am falling for every single layout of yours. This page is gorgeous! I love all your handmade flowers and all other eye candy. I don't know where to look first... Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gerry!!
    I LOVE this sweet page!! And the picture is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous layout design!!! Fabulous details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cette page est de toute beauté félicitation pour super travail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your layering, Gerry. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this turned out so beautifully Gerry!!!!!! love your flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful page...the blue and brown works really well together!

    ReplyDelete