Sunday, February 26, 2012

Step by Step layout ~Manor House Creations~

Hi there!
It was my turn to post today at Manor House Creation`s blog and I prepared a "Step by Step" layout for this purpose.
I mixed here two collections of The Scrap Cake - one of the new collections "One Moment in Time" and "The Bright Side of Life".

I mixed also 4 different MHC flowers and I hand-made three flowers from MHC blossoms.

Perhaps you noticed already that my photo is not perfect (my daughter has a light spot on her head) BUT it didn`t stop me to scrap it. I`m not a fan of Photoshop and I didn`t want to edit it.

You also see that I don`t have a title. Instead I used a sentiment I printed from Internet. It`s kind of a message to my kids. And of course I`ll make this layout once again so both kids will have a copy of it one day :-)))

And here is my project.....
STEP 1
  • My very first step was to cut the frames out of the pattern paper. N.B. I used it on my layout turned clockwise (only once)
  • From the other pattern paper I cut carefully the frame and I used the rest of the paper as a background of my layout.
  • Then I hand-stitched the inner side of the frames.

  • I also cut out the leaves so I can add them later on
  • On the layout you can see that I colored the edges of the leaves and I embossed them.
STEP 2
  • Then I began making my hand-made flowers. I chose the big white MHC blossoms.
  • I used Glimmer Mist to paint them.

  • I chose the little grey MHC blossoms to add in the middle of the blue ones.
  • I layered 4 blue and 4 grey blossoms. Before I glued them to one another I embossed them - just a little bit.
  • They were all glued in the middle and folded upwards.


SOME ADDITIONAL IDEAS
  • You can INK the edges of the blossoms.
  • You can STAMP the blossoms before you attach them to each other.
  • You can EMBOSS them using EMBOSSING FOLDER (Time Holtz, Cuttlebug, Sizzix, etc.)
  • You can CHANGE the shape of the blossoms but cutting the point edges and turn them into round shaped blossoms.
  • You can add "GLOSSY ACCENTS" to the centers to give even more dimension.
  • You can decorate the edges with "STICKLES"
  • My hand-made flowers were all cupped i.e. I chose to be folded in one direction.
  • I added a big bead in the middle.
  • I added also stamens in the hole of the bead

STEP 3
  • My next step was to prepare the chipboard pieces I wanted to use.
  • N.B. All the chippies on my project are from IMAGINARIUM DESIGNS.
  • They were all painted with modeling paste.
  • Then painted partly with Glimmer Glam.

STEP 4
  • This big flower was created with three different MHC flowers.
  • The brown one you see underneath was cut into two and used as "background" for the other two flowers.
  • The white and the light pink flowers were "piled up"

TIP
Don`t forget to remove the stamens of the brown and white flowers and store them. You can always use them later when you create  your hand-made flowers for other projects.

STEP 5
  • My last step was to adhere everything on my layout.
  • It`s always a puzzle for me to find the right place for everything ;-) ... BUT in the end I solve the puzzle successfully!
  • I added extra leaves that I cut out in advance to the clusters of flowers.

  • The sentiment was stamped on a piece of pattern paper and then cut out.
  • The stamp I used is unmounted stamp from "Unity Stamps"


Well, I hope you enjoyed my step by step layout! Please check the Manor House Creations blog for more inspiration from the DT girls.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Enjoyed is an understatement....I LOVED your step-by-step Gerry. So many great ideas from just one layout...thank you so much for all the amazing inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Прекрасна страничка,много красива!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love those flowers...everything is beyond beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your step by step layout!! gorgeous page and details! beautiful flowers, esp. your handmade ones! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great step by step thanx Gerry! Very beautiful LO. I luv the quote

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great Gerry, it gives permission to cut these beautiful flowers and still have them make a lovely embellishment. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, it looks awesome. I love that flower and your step by step creation very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what's creativity . step by step formation helpful for us.
    Family holidays

    ReplyDelete