Friday, February 17, 2012

Loving My Life ~ The Color Room~

Hi there!
It`s Friday and it`s time for my DT work for The Color Room. As I mentioned in previous posts our sponsor this month is Maja Design and we are working with their beautiful products.
Love the palette this week - palette #98. I don`t usually work with these colors but I like them a lot in real life :-)
And this is what I created...
I scrapped this photo of me once but I liked to use it here because of the colors of my dress :-)
And here are a few close-ups.....
  • The hearts were cut with an old die from Provo Craft.


  • The Clock (IDS0017) is a chipboard from Imaginarium Designs
  • The chippie has a layer of Gesso. Then I painted it with Glimmer Glam and once it was dry I sanded it to give more vintage look. I dressed the numbers up with puffy paint.
TIP: Now about the matting of the chippie :-)
  • I used a mask from Prima Marketing. I laid it on a white cardstock and I used Distress Ink to mask.
  • While the mask was still attached on the cardstock I outlined the swirly shapes with a black fine liner.
  • When I was ready I removed the mask and I cut the masked part of the cardstock out.
  • As a final touch I inked the edges.

Hope you enjoyed my post today and you got inspired to play along with us at The Color Room. For more inspiration please cheek this link -------> HERE!

Wishing a wonderful weekend!
Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. this is just so gorgoeus!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous page Gerry! Luv wot u did with the chippie clock! Such a beautiful pic of urself too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all details, your layout is fabulous!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Gerry!!!! Love all details and thanks for the precious tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally stunning and gorgeous layout you did...awesome details and techniques used and I am so impressed at all the times seeing your layout,and thanks for the tips.

    Hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Gerry! Love the subtle stamped details in the background and thanks for sharing how you created the yellow/white/pen lined layer - that looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. All of your details are incredible, I could just study this one forever! Just might have to play along with this one- great sketch too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous papers to work with, love what you have created, totally super :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely work Gerry! Thanks for all the tips and detail-explanations :)
    xxx, C

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome details and techniques Gerry!!! gorgeous page! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these purples and greens...so beautiful. That berry and plum paper looks divine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep! Natural colors gives extra beauty.

    ReplyDelete