Monday, February 20, 2012

2 Precious Hearts ~The Scrap Cake~

Hi there!
Happy Monday!
Finally I can share a layout created with one of the NEW collections of The Scrap Cake - "My Private Happiness" designed by Karola Witczak
  • These sweet hearts were cut out from the pattern papers. 
  • I made them part of my title - in stead of using the word "hearts" I used the 2 cut-out hearts.

  • You`ll find a sheet of pattern paper in the collection full of cute scalloped circles with sentiments which are perfect embellishment to all your projects.
  • I cut out a few of them and used them on my layout.  Some of them were cut in two and placed apart.
  • N.B. The same sheet of pattern paper has a gorgeous frame which I cut very carefully and then used as a frame for my layout. 

  • My title letters were cut out from the pattern papers and adhered with foam pads.
  • When I cut out the scalloped circle from the pattern paper I painted the white scallop parts with Glimmer Glam.
  • I used EK Success edge punch to mat my distressed (green) circle.
  • I also added a string of pearls to give some chic look to my layout.
  • The photo was matted with beautiful swirly frames from Marianne Design.

  • My layout was based on white card stock. First I did some masking and then I stamped (Tattered Angels clear stamp).
  • The "I love you so much" embellishment was cut out from the 6"x6" paper pad.
  • The big pink flower and some of the little flowers are from Flying Unicorn.


I hope you enjoyed my post today. Let us know what you created with the NEW TSC collections. Send us your work to inspire@thescrapcake.com and who knows perhaps you`ll be featured on one of the Fans Posts.

Wishing you a very creative week from sunny Holland!
Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Goedemorgen Gerry!
    Dit papier is zo mooi en vrolijk!
    Vast heel leuk om mee te werken. Je layout is prachtig geworden.
    Lekker veel om te zien en alles past perfect bij de leuke foto van je kids!
    xxx, C

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always a beautiful layout, and gorgeous photo and stunning papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Gerry

    Ben het helemaal eens met corina prachtig papier en heel leuke foto van je kids hopelijk komt het snel binnen bij scrapdelight.

    hugs tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work. There are sooooomany details. It's full of happiness and love. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This layout is gorgeous Jerry..I love the layers and also the many details..really beautiful and eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Truly beautiful LO! Luv the colours & all ur beautiful layers & scalloped circles! such a cute pic XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. These papers are trully amazing and so is your layout! I'm so in love with your use of colour, your fussy cutting and the petite roses! Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What else can I say but GORGEOUS???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow this looks so so yummy, love all the layers and the new collection is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've showcased these papers beautifully along with those two sweet faces!

    ReplyDelete
  12. your details are amazing as always Ger!!!! beautifully done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you did with this Lo and with these papers!! its just stunning!! I love your style!!
    kerentamir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete