Thursday, January 12, 2012

Storage boxes and Tips ~The Scrap Cake~

Hi there!
I have three altered boxes to share with you today that I use for my hobby supplies. I used the fabulous "Spring Awakening" collection from The Scrap Cake which is one of my favorite collections ever.
I have an enormous ( I mean it) pile of collected items (including boxes) which are waiting to be altered. These three boxes are part of the pile ;-). I recently altered them so I can store my mini bells and some of my natural materials.
  • What I first did with the boxes was to paint the edges with Crackle Paint ("Vintage photo").
  • Once the paint was dry I took the measures of the boxes and began preparing the papers.
  • N.B. All the papers I used were leftovers.

  • The pattern paper on the top was first distressed and then glued. 
  • In the end I decorated the boxes with different embellishments like flowers, push pins, leaves, ribbon, etc.


And because we have this special week at The Scrap Cake blog, talking about scrap rooms and storage, I thought it would be fun to share with you how I store three of my favorite products :-)

I really have to admit that I have insanely BIG number of stamps - mounted, unmounted, clear, foam, etc. - as you probably noticed I love to make my own stamped background combined with other mediums ;-).  Depending on the kind of stamps, they are all sorted and stored differently. 
  • What you see here on the photos are part of my clear stamps (for the rest I have to buy more ring folders....LOL) - approx. 5.5" x 7"- which are stored in three-rings folders.
  • The folders are from the brand "Artemio" and are sold with pockets for the stamps but I actually don`t use the original pockets. What I do is buying separately Tim Holtz unmounted stamp refill pockets which fit perfectly in the folders.
  • I have 12 pockets in a folder.


  • These 12 colors of Glimmer Glam paint are the ones I regularly use and that`s why they are neatly stored on a spice rack and stay on my table all the time. 
  • The other colors and the doubles I have are sorted simply in an ordinary metal box.


And finally my punches :-)
  • They are stored on a trolley which was originally meant to store vegetables ;-). The moment I saw it in the shop I knew I`d use it for my punches. It`s comfortable and it`s easy for me to reach and use the punches.
  • I must say that I have one more of those trolleys and I use it for some of my craft tools, ink and acrylic blocks.

I hope you survived ;-) this long post and enjoyed it. I promise tomorrow it`ll be shorter ;-)

Have a great day!
Hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Wow, love al those ideas Gerry! Ik wil ze ook!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Gerry, love the idea of the storage of the clear stamps and owwww droling over how many punches you have!! Grin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerry your boxes are awesome and so is the new SC collection. I am looking forward to it and have my scissors ready to cut it to pieces :):):) Thanks for sharing your storage ideas too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerry, please don`t do shorter version,we love to see even more!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, some great ideas there Gerry, your stamp holders are great wish we could get them in Australia, something I'll have to look up when I go to America this year. What a great idea with the vegetable holders, I tailor made my scrap room with shelves for punches....haha...didn't take long for that to be full so I'm going to go get one of those vegetable containers...tks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow gerry love your storages boxes, there are stunning little packages.
    Love your storage ideas, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the boxes they look so cool....and I love the gilmmer glam storage, I am a huge lover of glimmer glams I have got about 20 bottles too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post Gerry! Gorgeous little boxes and what great storage ideas. Love that punch trolley - I can see myself using something like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love those boxes! Thanks for sharing some organizig tips too! We all need ideas for that! Hugs! ~ Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness Gerry you DO have quite a few stamps there ... what a brilliant way of storing them!! the little boxes for your little trinkets are sooo adorable! and the veggie trolley is shere genius! have to head over to the ScrapCake and check out the other tips, thanks ever so much for sharing sweetie! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. great storing ideas!!!thank you for sharing..
    love those litle boxes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh what great ideas and man I can just smack myself for dumping my old spice rack now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a innovative ideas are really exist here about Scrap cake. I am truly surprised to see the elegant and massive conception of this source. It's really looking one of worthy experienced source for me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never seen so lovely box files like that. I think you have a great designs that both adults and children would like.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are some amazing storage boxes you got there, Gerry! They are so beautiful and functional. It’s a must-have for all those who want to organize and decorate their place at the same time. It’s also perfect for girly rooms and nurseries.

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing collection first time seeing this box file and storage boxeshttps://www.violetofficesupplies.co.uk/?s=storage+box&search_posttype=product

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://www.violetofficesupplies.co.uk/?s=storage+box&search_posttype=product

      Delete