Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Love you ~The Scrap Cake~

Hi there!
It`s been some time since my last post.... I didn`t have time to scrap lately but I`m back to "business" ;-) and today I have a shaped layout to share with you.

We have a Patchwork Week at The Scrap Cake blog and we (the girls from the current DT) create layouts inspired by patchwork. I`ll be simply honest :-) and share with you that this is my first time I`m creating something like this.
I mixed two gorgeous collections from The Scrap Cake - "Cozy Xmas" and "The Bright Side of Life".
HOW TO:
  • I used as a background a sheet of 12" x 12" cardstock (in the color matching my pattern papers).
  • I punched 25 squares using a 3" punch.
  • I adhered them with glue.
  • I used a big plate to draw a circle and then I cut it out.

  • I did lots of hand-stitching - I know it`s time consuming but I love it and this is one of my signatures on my work :-)






Did you hear The Scrap Cake has New Release Giveaway?
You still have time till the end of this month.
For more information please check this link ------> HERE
This is what you can win :-)


I hope you enjoyed my post today and if you want to check what the other girls created please check the The Scrap Cake Blog.

Have an awesome day!
Hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Soooooo amazingly beautiful, Gerry! Is that hand stitching??? Omgosh! I thought it was machine stitched!! yikes! You are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very beautiful and ...time consuming :) layout.
    I know b/c I also love hand stitching.
    The look is just fantastic, lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super mooi!!!wat ben jij toch creatief!!Elke keer weer verrassend!!
    Fijne avond.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhhhhhh I especially love the moment in time papers and your layout is stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Schitterend zeg, I love it:)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wauw, your patchwork of papers is amazing! I just love the different blue gingham papers. Such an amazing page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prachtig Gerry, zo mooi gemaakt!
    Leuk ook om je uitleg te lezen.
    Ook je steekjes zijn geweldig, ik snap het wel hoor: Borduren is gewoon heel leuk om te doen!Vooral als het zo'n mooi effect heeft.
    xxx,C

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gerry, beautiful as always. I really like how you constructed your sewn quilted look. The papers are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have become a quilter overnight!!! ;-) Lovely work and beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! It must have taken forever to hand stitch! You are incredible! I admire you for dedicating so much time and love to your projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow so fantastic patchwork so beautiful!!

    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a soft sweet delicate page. Fabulous take on the 'patchwork' theme...beautiful work with lots of details to admire...

    ReplyDelete
  13. every time when I think your latest layout is my favorite, you come up with another stunning page!!! just let me say: all your work is GORGEOUS sweetie!!!!!!!!!!
    Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete