Friday, January 13, 2012

The Color Room & Imaginarium Designs

Hi there!
This week`s palette at The Color Room is up - Palette #93. It`s an exciting month for  us, the DT girls, because we were given new papers to play with.....beautiful papers from Meg`s Garden. This is my first time working with this Australian brand and I`m absolutely positive :-)

OUR SPONSOR THIS MONTH IS...

This is my take on this gorgeous palette....
  • The layout was based as usually on white card stock.
  • I misted, masked, stamped and hand-stitched on the background.
  • And I did lots of fussy cutting. The pattern paper is ideal for fussy cutting which I love to do ;-)
  • The edges of my cut-outs were once again finished with Copic Markers.
  • For the dimension I used my embossing tool. 
TIP: While embossing try to do it both sides of the cut-outs to give more texture. And what`s more important is to emboss your cut outs in different directions - I`ll be preparing a video showing how I do it. What I mean by different directions is to try to achieve the effect that your leaves for example are pointing up and your flowers downwards. 
  • The title "Princess" is chipboard from "Imaginarium Designs".
  • For the first time I didn`t use Gesso as a starting point. 
  • I directly inked the word with Color Box ink (Old Rose), added embossing powder and used heat gun to melt it. 

And a few more close-ups.....

Can`t wait to see your entry at The Color Room Photo Wall :-)

Have a great day!
Hugs,

23 comments:

  1. Amazing Gerry! That dimension - aaaaah so gorgeous! Can't wait to see how you achieve that - it really adds a special something to fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout is sooo gorgeous! I look forward to that tutorial video! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...stunning creation!Love every detail!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGOSH This is stunnng, love the stitching, love all of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful work Gerry! I love your fussy cutting!! The stitched cute is a great touch also! Tfs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work~ your fussy-cutting is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw your tut over at Miss Art's, is this the trick you used on the blooms and leaves here? the stylus I mean. It certainly gives a fantastic dimension! love your signature stitching and Miss Lean is cuter than cute! love her sweet dress, bet she twirled around when she had it on for the first time! Love the shine that the embossing powder gives to the chippie title, really so glossy and lovely! Thanks for using the papers from Meg's, you've done more than justice to them! :))) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the papers..... do they also come in a shop in holland?
    greetings
    Anita
    http://alle-mooie-dingen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This layout is so gorgeous and girly. I bet it took you hours to get all this fussy cutting done, but the result is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Джери, я просто в восторге-какая красивая страница! Восторг и восхищение, ты очень талантливая. Обожаю твои цветы - они волшебные, и вышивка смотрится очень мило. А твоя крошка само очарование-красотка! Береги свое сокровище
    обнимаю Китика.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love this week's color pallette!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So soft, delicate & sweet...love it! This palette is just right for that very adorable photo. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog & commenting. I truly appreciate you taking the time to do so! I've always been a fan of your work...beautiful, creative & eye catching layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely layout and embellishments. She's adorable and getting taller!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Gerry, I'm seeing all these beautiful pages with this palette, and when I saw yours my jaw dropped! This is so beautiful! I love it, those flowers are so pretty and that photo is adorable and perfect for the paper! I love your stitched title too! Beautiful work my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Prachtig Gerry!
    Het papier ziet er zo mooi uit. Ik heb even gekeken op hun site, de rest is ook niet mis!
    Doordat je de layout zo licht hebt gehouden, komen de kleuren zo mooi naar boven.
    En de geborduurde letters zijn fantastisch! :)
    xxx, C

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow!!! this turned out really gorgeous! your cutting looks amazing as always! love the adorable photo of Leanne, she sure does look like a little princess!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete