Thursday, December 15, 2011

Love Life ~Manor House Creations & Imaginarium Designs~

Hi there!
Today I want to share with you a project, a special project for me. I challenged myself to create a canvas without using any pattern paper.
And this is the result :-)

This is how the  canvas looked like with my first layers of painting, misting and masking.....
I used a mask from Tattered Angels and Gel Medium (heavy) to achieve the dimension I wanted....

All the beautiful flowers you see on this project are from Manor House Creations - an Australian company producing such beautiful flowers. You can check amazing projects from the Design Team -----> HERE
  • There are two turquoise flowers which were initially white - I simply used Glimmer Mist to color them.
  • I used Prima Marketing clear stamp for the letter "G"


  • I framed the photo with Gaffer Tape from "7 Gypses". Before I applied it I tore it in thin strips...


  • The letter "G" you see is my personal seal. I used red wax here. 

  • The word "love", the alphas (L.I.F.E.) and the gorgeous butterfly come also from Imaginarium Designs....
  • I painted the chipboard letters with Gesso, then I added puffy paint and in the end I painted with Glimmer Glam....
  • The bird was also painted with Glimmer Glam...
  • The butterfly - firstly painted with Gesso and then I used at least 5 colors Glimmer Mist :-)


Well, I hope you had fun with my canvas project today.
Have a great day!
Hugs,

21 comments:

  1. This is certainly drop dead gorgeous, Gerry!! WOW!! Thank you for sharing, a lovely post indeed! Have a nice day!! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Incredible... Love all the different techniques u have used. Awesome to see mr mojo back in full swing. Gerry this is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow it's a work of art! Awesome Gerry! So many details to enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is awesome, great challenge to set yourself and you succeeded, beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project, I like the photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings Gerry, this is stunning.. so many beautiful details and totally your trademark of scrapping.. love everything, you have put so much thought into this and so much love.. really exquisite... have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  7. love all the techniques here too.....just gorgeous!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hiya Gerry :) I just became a follower, I dont know why I hadnt done that before ???

    totally LOVE this creation, so many wonderful techniques.

    Have a wonderful Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always Gerry Gorgeous work.

    Hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prachtig Gerry!
    Zo leuk om het hele proces te volgen.
    De uitleg en de foto's zijn heel duidelijk,
    je krijgt meteen zin om aan de slag te gaan!
    xxx, C

    ReplyDelete
  11. zooooo mooi!!!!!!!!!
    was weer heel gezellie vandaag Ger!
    Ingrid xxx
    ps...slaap lekker!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gerry this is just gorgeous. You have inspired me to try this so I can hang it in my scrap room. Love the detailed shots and your alphas are awesome. Just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is sooo STUNNING Gerry. Love the colors and your attention to detail is just breathtaking. You are such an inspiration! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a fabulous New Year. Take care xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! It's beautiful... A great inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are sooooo VERSATILE! I have a query - What adhesive did you use to adhere your embellies on the canvas?
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anumpama! Thank you for your question!
    I`m using Tacky Glue ~Quick Dry~ (Aleene`s) - it`s perfect and it dries transparent !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks a ton, Gerry, for your prompt reply. I am currently filling my shopping cart online and your answer really helps :))))))

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Gerry - you stun me with our talent all the time! Any chance I can share this on the Manor House blog too? Its so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete