Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sweden ~Once Upon A ...Sketch~

Hi there!
Happy 1st of November!
It`s a challenge time at Once Upon A ...Sktech  and our talented Nadia Cannizzo prepared another amazing sketch for us to use this fortnight.....



Journalling Criteria: This time you need to journal at least 2 SENTENCES on WHEN you started scrapping and WHY?

You MUST combine our journalling criteria with this sketch.

And this is my take on the sketch......
I used "The Bright Side of Life" collection from The Scrap Cake and I used Manor House Creations flowers. The title Sweden and the year are from Imaginarium Designs chipboard......
I did some masking and stamping on the background. The bird (Prima Marketing)  and the tickets( Tattered Angels)  were also stamped and cut out...
From two flowers (a white and a brown one) I made one....what I did was to tear the leaves apart and then to put them altogether by mixing the colors...The button you see in the center is a gift from Marivic (Berry71Bleu).....Thank you, sweetie!
The anchor was first stamped and then cut out and used as an embellishment....
TIP:
If you wonder where the template comes from....well, I always keep interesting packages from my kids` toys or board games. This one comes from a board game and I found it pretty good to be used as a mask or template.
I used puffy paint to make all the circles....Puffy paint is fabric paint that you use with heat gun to pop up....

I hope to see you at Once Upon A ...Sketch blog and play along with this awesome sketch this fortnight. We have amazing sponsors and amazing prizes. What about being our next GUEST-DESIGNER?.....All you have to do is to play along and win the challenge :-) For more info and inspiration from all the talented DT girls please visit our blog --------> HERE

Have a great week!
Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. I will be happy to play :)
    I see you are big fan of TSC, me too, so unique papers!
    I love the way how you use all kind of stuff for scrapbooking, very inspiring

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your use of the puffy circles...they give your layout such a unique look! What a perfect page and great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely, positively, extraordinary!!! love love love this Gerry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your clever Gerry. Love all that masking. I adore that awesome layered cluster.
    Fabulous story behind it and wonderful lo.
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mooi LO weer prachtig gebruik gemaakt van het papier van TSC en het verwerking van diverse stempel en knipwerk beautiful.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yeah!
    Seen it, touched it and love it! :)
    grt, Corina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi.. a very impressive layout.. the circles are so eye catching.. a wonderful take on the challenge...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning page Gerry! As usual, heaps of gorgeous details in this beautiful take on the sketch. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Je viens de découvrir votre blog et vos magnifiques réalisations. Tout est merveilleux, j'admire votre talent.
    Je vous ai citée sur mon blog, aujourd'hui, pour que des amies françaises puissent vous connaître et vous rendre visite. J'espère que vous aurez de nombreux commentaires.
    Amitiés
    http://scrappezavecmamy.canalblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Puffy Circles are genius Gerry!!!! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! How cool is that??? I must get some of this puffy paints!!!! beautiful layout!!!
    Hugsss!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your page, and I love Viva products too. They are the most creative things ever! My newest faves are the Precious Metal Colours - love them!

    ReplyDelete