Sunday, October 2, 2011

Once Upon A... Sketch

Hi there!
It`s such a pleasure to present our October, 1st sketch  at Once Upon A ...Sketch. It`s a special month for us because it`s our 6th month anniversary ...YAY!
Like every month our so talented Nadia Cannizzo created for us this so inspiring sketch.

Journalling Criteria: WRITE  2 noteworthy (to you anyway) events of the past week. Your journalling can be as long as you wish. There is NO limit to how much journalling you include but in order to qualify as a winner for this challenge, we must see AT LEAST 1 SENTENCE of journalling on WHY each event was noteworthy. 
And this is my take on Nadia`s sketch.
My journaling is about the last weekend I spent in Belgium at the "Scraptastic Event". I met there lots of online friends and because hubby joined me that weekend it was a double joy for me.
On the photo I`m with sweet Donna Downey ...
I used Melissa Frances pattern papers for this page. I cut out the shape, hand-stitched, I stamped the background (the black swirls)......
The three beautiful flowers you see are from Manor House Creations.....

The photo frame with birds is an Imaginarium Designs chipboard and you can see it ----> HERE
The bird with the key was stamped and colored in with Copic Markers and water pencils. I stamped it twice and cut it out. I used foam tape to give more dimension.... The stamp I used is from LaBlanche....


There are really some awesome prizes this month from our Sonsors. For more information please visit the following link so you can cheek all the prizes ---------> HERE

I hope you enjoyed my layout today and I hope to see you playing along with us this fortnight!

Have a great Sunday! 
Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Beautifull!! And have lots of fun today at Scrapdelight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Layout.. love the use of the stamp!! and those flowers are divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prachtige LO Gerry..tot zo bij SD!!

    Jolande

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful page Gerry.. love the framed bird and your yummy MHC flowers!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you got to meet Donna Downey:) I bet she'll feel so honoured to be scrapped in such a gorgeous way on your layout. Your use of the bird and the pretty branches is great:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way to use stapms! Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH Gerry, it's perfect! Such a sweet photo of you two! And I love your use of the MH blooms! Love the touches of black too! Beautiful work my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hele mooie uitwerking van de sketch Gerry!
    En de foto is leuk! Heel gedenkwaardig! :)
    grt,
    Corina

    ReplyDelete
  9. your page is beautiful too... BRAVO!
    hugs
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous LO! Darling photo! Love the beautiful Melissa Frances paper and all the pretty embellishments! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete