Thursday, September 1, 2011

~Once Upon A ... Sketch~

Hi there!
Happy 1st of Septembee! I can`t believe it`s already September....before you know ... it`s Christmas :-)....Time surely flies fast...

It`s another challenge fortnight for Once Upon A ... Sketch challenge blog and once again our so talented Nadia Cannizzo created for us a super inspiring sketch to play with. Read the criteria below and I hope to see you playing along with us .....

Journalling Criteria : A memorable year - Your title must be a year, and you must journal at least 2 lines on why this year is memorable for you. Examples: the year you got married, the year you graduated, the year you moved to a new house/country, the year you started a new job, the year your child was born, the year you lost someone dear. Your journalling can be in any language and any format (written, typed etc)



You must combine the journalling criteria with the following sketch...

This month we have a very special sponsor - a Norwegian design company!
                          

How would you like to be our Guest Designer for October?


This is the challenge where you have the chance to win a spot on our design team for

the whole upcoming month simply by winning this challenge. 


As well as being our Guest Designer, as chosen by our Design team, you will also 

receive a set of the brand new collection of 3ndypapir.

Here is a sneak peek of the collection you will be receiving directly 
from this Norwegian company.
There will be also 2 randomly chosen winners this time:
The first one will receive this Prima flowers pack:
The second random winner will win this set of 4 complete Inkadinkado Stamps:
And now let me show you my take on the sketch......
I used as usually white card stock, lots of Glimmer Mist :-), I did some hand-stitching, hand-cutting, stamping, etc.
The beautiful pattern paper I used is from The Scrap Cake - "Spring Awakening"......

The very first thing I did was to take a photo of the two framed photos of my babies - Alexander and Leanne. The photos were taken a few hours after they were born. 
Anyway, the  blue and pink shoes you see are not part of the frames but I used them only to "decorate" my photos so I can cut them out later together with the framed photos for my project......and I loved the result...it`s a cute little touch to each photo :-)

I cut the boy and the girl out from Prima Marketing pattern paper....
The angels were stamped with Prima Marketing clear stamps......and the numbers I cut using Tim Holtz die-cut (alphas) ....

The flowers are also from Prima Marketing.....

My journaling is hidden and it`s about the two years from my title......the years when my children were born......

Well, it was a long post but I hope you enjoyed it ....
Wishing you a great day and as always...THANK YOU...for visiting my blog :-)

Hugs,

10 comments:

  1. How wonderful that you got to scrap these gorgeous and very precious photos:) They were both such cute babies:) And your layout is truly amazing! I love how you used those cute Jack and Jill children:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, you made absolutely gorgeous page with this sketch! So precious!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous. Love the colours and the splashes of colour everywhere. The layering is again just stunning. GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this is amazing! the layers and colors and embellies.. a masterpiece of love to celebrate two very special years in your life..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layering and misting always amaze me!!!! very gorgeous layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fell in love with this the moment I saw it. Fabulous layering and details.
    Awesome work with the pp line and those pics made me laugh. I have exactly the same ones of my two.lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow...this is incredible!! I love it...your details are simply amazing. I love your misting, the lovely combination of colours, your layering and your wonderful selection of elements...it is all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gerry, this is one of the cutest and sweetest pages I've ever seen! I love the little people and booties too! Adorable page, and it's just gorgeous!!! You do amazing work, and congrats also on the ManorHouse position, you so deserve it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! There really are no good words to describe just how absolutely GORGEOUS this page is...stunning! You are just soooooooooooooooooo talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to echo echo echo all of the previous ladies, impossible to come up with enough new superlatives to describe this gorgeous page of yours! xxxx

    ReplyDelete