Monday, August 15, 2011

Memories ~Once Upon A ...Sketch~

Hi there!
It`s August 15th and we have another amazing sketch at Once Upon A... Sketch challenge blog. Our sketch designer Nadia Cannizzo always creates the most amazing sketches and has the most amazing journaling criteria to play with.
Today I`m sharing  my take on the sketch.....

Journalling Criteria: Write 2 sentences from the lyrics of your favourite song. Journalling can be in any language and can be any type i.e. handwritten, alphas, printed, rub on. 

You MUST combine our journalling criteria with the following sketch. 

Things to consider when playing along... 

**This is an international blog, so anyone can enter 
**You are allowed to create a card, layout or off-the-page item based on the provided sketch and additional journalling criteria. If you are creating a card or altered item you only need to include a quote. 
**You are also allowed to flip or rotate the sketch or alter it to suit your needs, but please make sure its still recognizable. 
** The deadline for this challenge is midnight August 31st , Australian Eastern Standard Time . The Design Team will vote and the winner and the Top 5 project will be announced soon after the challenge has finished.
 **You may enter as many times as you like and combine this with other challenges. 
For a complete list of the rules please check ------> HERE


I created this layout with the beautiful line from The Scrap Cake  - "The Bright Side of Life". My layout is based on white card stock and I did some masking and misting. I "moved" the sketch in the middle of my page.
The beautiful flowers you see here are from Prima Marketing and they are present for me from a dear friend Ingvild Bolme. Did you know she also designed these beauties? Thank you, sweetie :-)

The girl you see on the photo is me...lol.... I used to play the piano and sing a lot. My High School was a Russian school and we studied everything in Russian. We had a lot of musical activities back then and I sang different Russian songs (together with a friend) at stage. My journaling is about a Russian song I used to sing which I loved ( and I still love). It`s called "Million Red Roses" by Alla Pugacheva. 
The photo was original black and white. I added two colors Distress Ink from Rangers. I`ve done this technique before and I just love the result. If you want to see my previous project with this technique you can do it --------->  HERE


My journaling was framed in a beautiful chipboard from  Imaginatium Designs ..... and the three small butterflies come from Imaginarium Designs as well....
I hope you enjoyed my post today and I so hope to see you playing along at Once Upon A ...Sketch challenge blog!!!!!!!
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog!
Wishing you a sunny and happy day!
Hugs,

28 comments:

  1. Hi Gerry!
    wow this is amazing as always! I love your Lo!
    so many beautiful details!
    grtz Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA Gerry!! Totally blows me away! Love the flowers..you did wonders with this! Never get tired of drooling over your layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, and a amazing lo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Gerry this is gorgeous! I just love your misted background, all your punch work and that beautiful photo of you... love the way you colored it, gotta go check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow it's really beautiful LO! so many details and gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Gerry, thi slayout is amazing! The bright colours look so good together and they perfectly compliment your beautifully altered photo too. I didn't know you speak Russian too. Would love to hear you speaking it once;) Such a perfect theme to scrap about too! Hope to find some time to play along with this challenge next week before I go back to school again:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers!! Dit is in een woord fantastisch! Wat een prachtige layout zeg!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gerry...I am yet again speechless. Girl..HOW do you come up with such stunners? This is incredibly beautiful that it makes me want to scrap again just by looking at it. LOL! You are incredible. Thank you for your amazing contribution to OUAs always!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome layout Gerry, loving every details!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh Gerry! Amazing details. Amazing colours. Amazing page! This is just stunning.. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gerry, you are amazing. Every page you create is so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow.. this is so beautiful.. love it all.. so pretty and filled with soft colors and stunning embellies!! love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is beautiful! You are such a great artist! Amazing! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my ! SUPER LOVE all your sweet & artsy details here , hun !!!

    p/s : Thank you for the well wishes too ! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Gerry this page is just absolutely amazing! Gorgeously put together! Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow totally exquisite ..... so many beautiful elements to look at soak up .... beautiful colours and papers ...
    I just love those papers ... not sure where I can buy them though.. it seems like they are only sold wholesale ... am I correct ???
    big hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely stunning Gerry! You are so talented in so many ways x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This one just draws me right to it like a magnet. Love, love. love the mix of blue and pink mists! And thanks for the tips on using distress inks on photos.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous lo Gerry! Great take on the sketch! Love the ScrapCakes pp!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMGosh!!!!! this is just jaw dropping gorgeous!!! AMAZING details!!!! I love the inks on the photo, and your loopy jute border is sooo cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gerry, this is truly one of the prettiest pages I've ever seen, EVER! It's perfect. I love the soft colors, the blooms, the journaling spot, the photo......it's seriously just the most gorgeous page. I seem to keep coming back to look again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi!! first time to stop at your blog;) beautiful creations,really:) will pop in again;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I just love everything about this layout! STUNNING!!! I linked back to you today because it was too beautiful not to share :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm new here...just happened upon you because this page LO catch my eye! It's so gorgeous and lovely!

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete