Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Me & You ~The Scrap Cake~

Hi There!
Happy Gerry here :-)! The sun is shining here in The Netherlands and that makes me so cheerful & delighted!
Today I`m sharing a layout I created for The Scrap Cake. I decided to mix two of the newest collections - "Summer at the Seaside" and "The Bright Side of Life".
I began my layout with these two pattern papers....
I used here Prima Marketing clear stamps to create my background paper.
Then I used Distress Ink (victorian velvet) to change the color in order to match my other layers.
The title "Me & you" and the boy & girl silhouettes are laser-cut chipboards from Imaginarium Designs! Thank you, Jane and Nat !!!! The chippies  were first painted with Gesso ---> yellow paint -----> Glimmer Glam and the last step was to add some Stickles......

The bird, the nest, the butterflies and the house are all stamped with Prima Marketing clear stamps and then cut out to use them as embellies.......

The cute heart you see on the photo was made by me. The branch from the vine was too long and I cut part of it. I didn`t want to throw it so I fold it in a shape of a heart.
The clouds were cut out of "Summer at the Seaside" collection.....

If you live in The Netherlands and if you dream to have these so beautiful collections.....your dream can come true because the Dutch "SCRAPDELIGHT" store sells them. You can check the collections -------> HERE
As every time I hope you enjoyed my post today!
I`m so thankful for all your support.......you are awesome!

Wishing you all a creative week!

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. this is just so very gorgeous WOW Gerry love what you have made.
    Have a Wonderful day !!
    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's stunning!! I love it!! Love all the pretty details! And such an adorable photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWers! Gerry.... Your Layout is Utterly Stunning!!
    Soooooooo Much Detail... FABBO xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My day couldn't have been happier...first the sun started shining and second I saw a gorgeous layout of yours:) Your layering and stitching is simply amazing and I also love that photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my oh my...this is so beautiful and I am loving all the details in this page...what a fabulous work Gerry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SOOO beautiful! The stitching must have taken you ages to do!!! The stamped background looks awesome and the glimmer glam on the chipboard is so cool..I must buy some..lol....
    Hugs!!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi.. i always love coming here.. your scrapping is so beautiful with so much to look at..the papers are divine and i love the layers.. and even using stamps to make little embellies is a great idea to save money... thanks for sharing your hints and also your wonderful talent!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a terrifically sweet page! I love how it so elegantly captures the colour palette of spring and weaves in a hefty dose of timeless cuteness.


    Big hugs & cheerful weekend wishes, sweet Gerry!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete