Friday, July 1, 2011

Once Upon A ... Sketch!

Hi there!
Happy 1st of July :-)! Hope everybody`s enjoying the Summer and having some fun!
Well, first day of the month and it`s time for my DT work at Once Upon A...Sketch challenge blog. Have I ever told you how much I enjoy being part of this awesome team and how much I enjoy working with the gorgeous sketches that our beautiful (inside & out) Nadia Cannizzo creates for us.....well, now you know :-)
This month we have a very sweet and so talented lady to guest-design for us....Karola Witczak. Please take the time and check her fabulous take on the sketch ------ > HERE
And of course our winners from our last challenge who are guest designers this month did an amazing take on the sketch: Jeni O`Connor, Sandi Taloumis and Cathy Cafun. You can see thier work -------> HERE
JULY 1st CHALLENGE


Journalling Criteria: Who is in the photo? Name the person in the photo and at least 1 fact about them. This can be personality, character, talent , achievement etc. but it must be at least 2 sentences long. 

Oh, and I`m so happy to announce that The Scrap Cake is sponsoring our winners this month....
Fantastic news, right? If you didn`t check The Scrap Cake blog so far please take the time and have a look at all the beautiful projects ------->HERE

                      

And it`s time for my take on the sketch ;-).....my layout "Love You"
I decided to scrap a photo of my hubby  :-)....

The quote you see on the photo is rub-ons....

My journaling is hidden ...you can pull the key out and here it comes....it`s all written thoughts how I feel about my hubby :-)....

This beautiful swirl frame is again rub-ons.....

All the big swirls you see on the layout are stamped by using Tattered Angels clear stamps. The chipboard comes from Tattered Angels as well....

Hope you enjoyed my long post ;-)!
Wishing you a wonderful day!
Hugs,

16 comments:

  1. Such a sweet idea to make a pege about your hubby! And the result is stunning!! Love the hidden journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! oh wow.. this is very beautiful.. i love everything about it.. and i don't mind if you have a long post and show all the closeups.. i could sit here for hours just admiring your scrapping!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if I've seen a picture of your husband before. Great job! Love the quote on the picture, his portrait and the lovely layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heel erg mooi!! Wow!
    Groetjes, Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning page Gerry!!!!!!!!! I love the frame you created around the page and the cluster is gorgeous! Rub ons are one thing I almost never use because I end up ruining them...lol...But you did great!
    Hugs!!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh just made my night! THANKS for your gorgeous words. Have I told you how much I LOVE HAVING YOU on this team and am still thanking my lucky stars you took me up on my offer when you did ? Now you know too! LOL! You are amazingly talented..I love LOVE LOVE everything you create. You know that! This is perfect! Thank you so much :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gerry!
    Very very beautiful! as always...
    grtz Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning layout Gerry!!!! I love the hidden journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layering and design are breath-taking! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that layout. Absolutely fantastic. Love the way you´ve layered everything. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous layout full of pretty detaisl! Its a real labour of love, so detailed and pretty...absolutely perfect Gerry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. woooooooooow this is GORGEUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Gerry, just beautiful! I loved it the moment I saw it...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Simply gorgeous! Love how you layer...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete