Friday, July 8, 2011

"The Bright Side of Life" - The Scrap Cake

Hi there!
I`m so happy finally to be able creating with the beautiful "The Bright Side of Life" collection from The Scrap Cake. It was designed by so talented and such a sweet friend - Karola Witczak.
All the pattern papers are so pretty that it took me some time to decide which one to use first ;-)...
Eventually, this is what I came up with....
I cut a big "Happy Easter" title with my Cricut which I used for my background as a mask. I used "Graphite" Glimmer Mist.
I did some fussy cutting from the other pattern paper and I made it pop-up by using 3mm foam tape...
For the rest, I use Martha Stewart edge punches, Tim Holtz` rosette die-cut.... 
And sweet hubby of mine...Thank you for the awesome title.....Yes, I give credit to him.... xoxoxo! Did you know that my hubby is my judge for every single layout I create ;-) He is involved to pieces with my  hobby and he supports me 100% in everything I do :-))))...Thank you, Ar! I "heart" you!!!!
The bird cage was also cut with the Cricut machine....
The title is from Provo Craft Cuttlekids Fairy Alphabet dies. Each letter was cut 6 times and then glued with each other.....in this way I created my own chipboard!
And one more close-up....
Well, this was my layout for today:-)
Did you already check The Scrap Cake`s blog.....if not you can do it -------> HERE . You can check what the other DT girls created as well....
And if you want to check all 4 collections from The Scrap cake, you can do it -------> HERE

Wishing you a sunny day and lots of smiles :-))))
Hugs,

15 comments:

  1. These papers are absolutely gorgeous! And so is your layout (again) I really love the cutting you always do... and I think I´m "infected" :):):)because its the first thing I thought of when I saw the criss cross paper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.. oh that photo is gorgeous! what a hoot!! and the layout is divine.. as always i love seeing what you are up to!! beautiful inspiration again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhh I want this line so badly!!!!!!!
    I saw your page in real life yesterday and gosh girl.... you do STUNNING work. It looked even more gorgeous than it does on the screen.

    Happy friday and thanks again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent title! Hubby should work on commission ;) ...and I love your alphas.
    Big hugs,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fussy cutting should actually be called THE FUSSIEST cutting! :) This is stunning, Gerry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy this is just amazing, talk about a stunning design and I LOVE that fussy cutting...gorgeous layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow oh wow gerry ... absolutely out of this world ... stunning ... I want these papers where do I buy them ... ????
    your work is so beautiful .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful lo Gerry! That pic is just too cute! What a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and fun LO! You are a talented photograph and your sense of humour is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gerry,

    Seen this one LIFE, and as Paulien says, even more impressive than on screen.
    Great layout, great photo, great title and impressive fussy cutting.
    Oh, and the papers...I say YES!!
    xxx, C

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad I found your blog. Your work is outstanding. Love those new lines of paper and that page is STUNNING.
    thanks for stopping by my blog.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for your nice comment, I love your work, you are truly inspirational !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing... you just put sooo much love in all your pages and it shows! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He he the moment I saw the "gridlined" paper witht he roses, I thought how wonderful it would look like if fussy cut and lookie lookie, that's exactly what you've done! every single detail on your page look just amazing! love the little accordion blooms and the cutest ever birdcage but most of all I just adore that photo of Lean! it's absolutely priceless! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your title idea is very clever .... I also love how the grid is carried through with the punched border.

    ReplyDelete