Wednesday, June 1, 2011

She ~Once Upon A ... Sketch~

Hi there!
Can you believe it? It`s already June.....I know I say it always but I`ll repeat it once again.....Time flies, surely for me :-)
Another month and another inspiring sketch from the beautiful Nadia Cannizzo created for Once Upon A ...Sketch challenge blog.


JUNE 1ST CHALLENGE

Our JOURNALLING CRITERIA this time is to journal about a female. It can be ANYONE...your self, your best friend, your daughter,grandma, mum, sister, cat. ...As long as you write at least 2 sentences about the female in the photo (you can always create a CARD or ALTERED item based on this sketch and use a quote instead)
Things to consider when playing along... 

**This is an international blog, so anyone can enter 
**You are allowed to create a card, layout or off-the-page item based on the provided sketch and additional journalling criteria. If you are creating a card or altered item you only need to include a quote. 
**You are also allowed to flip or rotate the sketch or alter it to suit your needs, but please make sure its still recognisable. 
**Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery and link it on our right sidebar using the Link tool. Please provide a direct link to your post, not your entire blog.If the link tool is down, please leave a comment on the comments section and link your layout there. 
** The deadline for this challenge is midnight June 14th. The Design Team will vote and the winner and the Top 5 projects will be announced soon after the challenge has finished. 
**You may enter as many times as you like and combine this with other challenges. 
**Also, please consider turning off word verification for comments on your blog. For a complete list of the rules please see the top of this page.


And not to forget to mention that we have such yummy prizes ..... from ~WEBSTER`S PAGES ~ ....Yeah, how cool is that?!? You can check for more info ----------> HERE

And now it`s time to share my take on the sketch! This is my mum on the photo and I must admit I`m scrapping a photo of hers for the first time.
I used GCD pattern papers for my project. 
The alphas and the swirls are from Imaginarium Designs and I love them :-)

In the end I want to share three close-ups of the projects I was working during the last week....



Wishing you a wonderful sunny day!
And Thank you sincerely for your visits!
Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Hi! wow! you are amongst the worlds best scrappers in my opinion.. i love the layout on your mum.. and the close ups.. well they look amazing! love visiting your blog!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh This is stunning, so much detail, I just keep going back for another look, there is so much to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Agree with Tina...keep on going back for another look! JUST STUNNING Gerry..I have to say one of my fave of yours. I LOVE everything you do..this one is very sentimental and gorgeous. Well done. Happy to de designing alongside you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Gerry, that layout is sooo stunning! I love the way you scrapped that picture of your beautiful mom. Love the pink and blue and the beautiful frame paper. Just amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you dear!
    We at Scrap For Help appreciate your kindness and your support!
    Kisses
    Marilia Lopes

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow just so beautiful my friend i hope you came visite me too i do it so like it Hon!!
    hugs carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is just stunningly beautiful, love all the layers...just delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of nice layers and I love the layout about your mum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely stunning!! I love that your LO is framed so beautifully, love your masking and the beautiful selection of paper and trim running across the background...plus those divine flowers. Amazing interpretation of the sketch..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gerry your owrk is absolutley stunning I LOVE your layout it is beautiful!! Thank you for your kind comments on my blog xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad I popped in from Pages In Time cause the details you use amazing

    ReplyDelete