Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Color Room

Hi there!
Today I`m sharing a layout I made for The Color Room. I used their palette #58. I usually don`t have time to play in challenges no matter how much I like them but last weekend I had some extra hours and I created this layout. This is my second time I`m using their palette. Last time I made a page was a year ago ;-).
I used the "Butterfly Garden" collection from Pink Paislee.
Well, as you can see I changed "a little bit" one of the colors :-))) or should I say I went out of the box... anyway, I`m happy with the result. The photos were printed in three colors...B&W, sepia and green.
As always I began creating my layout with white cardstock and Glimmer Mist. What I did this time was to use one of the Ornate Gates (medium - DA0188) from Dusty Attic. I had it for such a long time and I`m happy I finally used it. I cut the ornaments out of the gate and used them as a stencil for my background. The rest I used as a frame for my photos. I wanted to do something different from this chippie and my purpose was to use it anything but a gate.
I also used "The Butterfly Garden" Clear Stamps  to decorate my edges....
When I painted it with Gesso I applied puffy paint.....
The puffy paint is a fabric paint that you use with a heat gun and the result is its beautiful puffy dimension....
All the alphas you see on the page are from Webster`s Pages "Country Estate" collection....
I applied puffy paint over the swirls as well.....
The butterfly is a clear stamp from Prima Marketing and the flowers and pearls as well.....
For the bird I used Fiskars` Clear stamp....

Hope you enjoyed my layout!
Thank you very much for taking the time to visit my blog and to leave such sweet comments....your support is so much appreciated!
Hugs,

23 comments:

  1. oh - so gorgeous!! Puffy paint?? Never heard of this before but what an amazing look it gives - adore this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing, Gerry...I am with Tara...what is this puffy paint you speak of?? Will have to find some of that- your detail work is perfect. Thanks for sharing- always a treat.
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is wonderful. I love the idea of the puffy paint !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerry, this is gorgeous, I love how you tinted the 3 photos!!! And your details are just beautiful!!! This is stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page!! And I use puffy paint on some of my handmade flowers and vines all of the time!! I love the stuff!!Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning page Gerry! Great idea to use puffy paint! I've had some in my stash for a while, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gerry, this is just so very beautiful!! Love it love it!! Have a great weekend with your loved ones!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh..Gosh..Gerry you are SO clever!!!! What a fantastic idea to use the gates like that!!! It looks awesome!!!And the photos are beautiful too!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did I told you 2day I love your work?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Waouw it's so beautiful! I love your page!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a creative and inspiring layout!Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaa, I wasn't too far off in my comments over at TCR! puffy paint is fab used on the petals of flowers that are a bit plain and look flat. A good zap with the heat gun and Bob's your uncle! However, the pen that I've found doesn't give that much "puff", what's the brand of yours and where did you buy it pls?! Thanks for the close-ups Gerry, even more gorgeous details! have a great weekend sweetie! Thank you also warmly for the visit and even more so for becoming a follower, so lovely of you! xxooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marvelous, Gerry!!!
    Fantastic your gate/stencil/frame with the puff paint!!!
    I loved all of your LO!!!
    Thanks to the visit and comment in my blog!!!You make me happy!!!
    Hugs
    Marlei

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous page! So many amazing and beautiful layers and details!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning page Gerry, love all those layers and the fine details. Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  16. Гери, толкова нежност и фееричност в приятни и топли цветове. И с двата скъпоценни камъка-да са ти живи и здрави. Поздрави от Стара Загора.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow...this is absolutely amazing!! I love that you used three photos in different tones..so effective. I also love the fact that you used the ornate gates as a mask...looks super, and your use of puffy paint gives such great texture and dimension. There are just so many beautiful layers and details....really awesome LO!

    ReplyDelete
  18. STUNNING Gerry!!! Love how you have tinted the photos...looks amazing!!! Gorgeous design and all the layers and details are just sweet! :))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow the page is gorgeous as always but I just love the original way you use the embellies...that´s so creative!

    ReplyDelete