Sunday, February 6, 2011

My Creative Scrapbook ~Limited Edition Kit~

Hi there!
It`s after midnight here in the Netherlands and I finally have time for another blog post.
....and it`s all about the February Limited Edition kit at My Creative Scrapbook.
I was so excited to see Graphic 45 Collection "Once Upon a Springtime" in the kit. It grabbed my attention the moment I saw it for the first time on the net and I knew that paper is made for me ;-))))...I love cutting out the pattern paper and this paper is all I wanted....
I want to mention that I had a very~very~very short time this month for my DT work and I managed with both kits to make 8 layouts in total....
Here is the first one.....This recent photo of my daughter Leanne was perfect for what I wanted to create with this "window".
I used Tim Holtz` Distressing Ink for the background....
To make this "Frame" I simply used one of the many plastic templates I have for ages and I never use ;-)....Recently I took them out of the cupboard and I have BIG plans for them  ;-)))....
My second layout.... Well, I admit I did a LOT of cutting here but I just couldn`t use the whole paper I had to cut it to pieces. On the photos you see my daughter Leanne again....
About the fishing net...I always collect all the nets that come with fruit, vegetables, etc. This fishing net is from oranges...lol. My mom used to tell me I`m crazy to collect nets from food (among the other stuff) but when she saw the result she began collecting them herself  ;-))))
My third page from the Limited Edition Kit ...
I cut the photo into two parts in order to fit the frames....
Originally the alphas were dark brown and I used Gesso to paint them in white and when they were dry I inked them....
And my last page.... it`s a very easy and quick one. On the photo: me & hubby....
The hanger you see is again from my "junk" collections...OK, don`t laugh but I always keep the hangers when I buy socks for my kids. I have all sizes of hangers.... this one was fitting perfectly the size of my frame....
I hope you enjoyed my last creations....
I think I`ll call it a night and get some sleep now...before I know the kids will be awake and another busy day will begin :-)
Hugs,

26 comments:

  1. Hey Gerry!! Ewwww all are GORGEOUS!! Wonderful fussy cutting!! Amazing!! My fav is the 3rd page of the Ltd Edition kit. SO beautiful!!! Love the colors, and I can't stop staring!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2gether is my favorite. Love the framing on little Leanne and love the Peter Rabbit cutouts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I love all your layouts.. It's really beautiful & wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gerry, these latest LOs are SIMPLY STUNNING!!! What an inspiration you are to me. You do such a LOVELY JOB OF CAPTURING EVERYTHING FEMININE and BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My gosh..... you did an super amazing job, on all of these pages. Amazing cutwork and beautiful details showcase the loveliest pictures. you rocked this kit!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Gerry, love your new pages, they are all gorgeous, amazing that you can create eight pages in a month, wow !! Love your creativity with the netting and hangers, I also collect some things, love the netting so guess I have to collect that too, lol. Have a wonderful sunday,

    hugs,
    Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous details! Love the sewing and layering :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stupendous work,amazing fussy cutting,gorgeous all of it WOW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gerry, your cut work is elaborate! The flowers in the last LO are magnificent!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Gerry, All of these new pages are so whimsical, lighthearted, and beautiful. I always look forward to seeing your new work. I wanted to also thank you for stopping by my blog and letting me know you've been thinking of me with everything that is going on in Egypt right now. I so appreciate your thoughts and concern. Hugs, Alia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this layout is just so precious! I love it so much. I love the whimsy & shabby look that it has. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh... they're gorgeous!!! I love them all!!!! Sooooo many beautiful techniques!!! :) God bless & big, big hugs... Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gerry all your pages are just outstanding!!!! You are a girl after my own heart with all the fussy cutting! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Gerry I have already mentioned that in the MCS forum, but I'll say it here also...Those layouts are so gorgeous that must be from another universe..lol...with this opportunity I want to thank you for your lovely comments!!! You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those are gorgeous!!!! Wow, absolutely stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are just gorgeous!!! Love all the dimension and the flowers and that frame in the first layout!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG you rock girl! ALL of these, every single one of them, are TOTALLY amazing! I can see you have put A LOT of work into these beautiful pieces of art, and I love the soft colors used here. Your daughter is so beautiful, and these sweet pages fit her so well. Love the small fairies as well. well, I love EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  18. really AMAZING creations - some of my faves of all of yours to date

    ReplyDelete
  19. Really fantastics this LOs,Gerry!!!I'm,sincerely,amaze with them!!!Congratulations for yours criations...I loved the colors "pástel"!
    Hugs
    Marlei

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi.. just in awe of your cutting out of the graphic 45 papers.. absolutely divine layouts!! love your creations...xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh...words fail me!! I'm in awe of your creativity, your pages are breathtaking!!!! AMAZING work! Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. love...love...love...all your layouts! it is stunning! so inspiring and i just could take my eyes of them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your layouts are amazing! Such inspiration... I've become your newest fan after finding your layouts over on Graphic 45.
    http://auntanniecreates.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your blog is amazing, so many different things to see and so many places to go on it wow!!...I think this LO is a big fav of mine, just love it.

    ReplyDelete