Wednesday, January 19, 2011

MME layout challenge #19

Hi there!
As I wrote in my previous post I have some extra time this month and that gives me opportunity to play along in a few challenges.
Here is one more layout I created for My Mind`s Eye layout challenge #19.
The awesome sketch is provided by oh-so-talented Anam Stubbington and I love it!
I used "Lost & Found" MME collection and that was only a tiny part of all the goodies I recieved when I won the Honorabale Mention for blog challenge # 16.
And a few close-ups....
I wanted so much to make it look as if my daughter pulls a "sleigh" holding the rope. It`s been some time since I last played with cutting out the photos. (Check HERE , HERE and HERE
Anyway, I was completely blown-away when I saw Ingvild Bolme`s layout created for Dusty Attic which you can enjoy HERE and I thought I`ll give her effect a try. Thanks for the inspiration, Ingvild :-)!!!
...and a closer look....
The "Cool" embellishment is actually a mirror magnet that you can use on your refrigerator and of course it was for a long time stored in my stash and finally I decided to use it. I first colored it with a Copic Marker and it got this gorgeous melting caramel look. Then I used Gesso to achieve the snow effect.
The ZVA crystals were also colored with Copic Marker.
Well, that was for today :-) Hope you enjoyed it!
Have a great week!

15 comments:

  1. WOW!!!Amazing work....you definitely accomplished what you set out to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooooooooooo amazing Gerry! I so totally LOVE this layout!!! Love what you did with the slade, very great effect, so creative! Everything is just so beautiful put together, just perfect!

    TFS!

    hugs!
    Ingvild

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoi Gerry ,

    Wat een ontzettend lieve Lo heb je weer gemaakt.
    Groetjes Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing, hope you win the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woowwww wat een supergave layout zeg! Echt geweldig hoe je de foto´s van je dochter hebt verwerkt en het effect van het trekken van de "slee" is supergoed gelukt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooo beautiful, as everything you do!!!!
    Hugs,
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I LOVE this! What you did with the photos is fantastic and love love the now on "cool"!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. просто уникална,чудесна страница

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorei !!!
    As cores são tudoooo !!!
    Beijos Coloridos !!
    Lu
    True Colors

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,Gerry!
    Wonderful work!!!!!!
    Gerry,my participation in your challenge was valid?My page do not need to be insert in any place?I'm stupid in English...excuse me!!!
    Kisses
    Marlei

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful! Soo amazing!!! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful layout!Loved it!
    Congratulations on your wonderful work!;)

    ReplyDelete