Wednesday, November 17, 2010

ScrapLounge

Hi there!
I`m posting today my 3rd project for ScrapLounge where I`m Guest-designing this month.
I used the November Album Kit at My Creative Scrapbook. The Hanging lamp is an awesome Dusty Attic chippie (NB! Not incuded in the kit!)
I chose the polka-dots side of the pattern paper to work with (see photo below).
The first thing I did was to water-distress the pattern paper. After that I used different colors ink and I mixed two colors of Glimmer Mist paint. When eveything was dry I stamped this big heart with the swirls (Tattered Angels clear stamp). 
NB: I stamped once using two colors of acrylic paint (yellow and green) and I stamped second time using brown ink.
I did some hand-stitching as well...
 The butterflies are stamped and colored in with Copic Markers...
One more close-up.... The photo was b&w but I wanted to give it two colors. I used Distress Ink and a sponge to get this result. For the matting of the photo I used the same two colors as well!
I hope everbody`s enjoying the week!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog!!!! I appreciate it a lot!
Hugs,

13 comments:

  1. Great instructions. I love the toning on the photograph as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty layout Gerry! Lovely coloring. Stunning work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gerry this is so gorgeous!! love all the misting !! precious work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning Gerry... love all the hand stiching & misting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Het is weer een juweeltje ...

    groetjes,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful as always Gerry. I always love visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh gerry, your lo is soo gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gerry,I love your work in scrap!!!All gorgeous!
    Add you.
    Kiss
    Marlei

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, very beautiful layout!
    Charlot*

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so stunning my friend
    great details.

    have anice day to wish.

    ~carlaxx

    ReplyDelete