Friday, November 5, 2010

My Creative Scrapbook ~Main Kit~

Hi there!
Yeah, it`s this time of the month....time for my DT work at My Creative Scrapbook . This month`s Main Kit is full of all those yummy goodies that make your mouth water :-)....You can see yourself how much gorgeousness is in one kit!!!!
For my first layout I made the shape from white cardstock and I used Glimmer Mist. The border was cut out of the pattern paper and then I hand-stitched round the edges.
To make the blooms I used the pattern paper (you can see it under the close-up photo).  I cut a lot of those and water-distressed them. I added some ink and they were ready to use them for my page.
My second layout is rather simple. I cut the branch from the pattern paper and I inked it.
It was great to see the ink-resist paper in the kit and to work with it. I used Distress Ink to color it.
My 3rd page with the Main kit. I used once again Distress Ink for the ink-resist paper but this time in pink.
I hand made the flowers using Tim Holtz flower die and an ordinary flower punch.
After cutting the banner with a pair of scallop scissors I decided to give the edges a pink tint. I used Copic Marker to be sure I color exactly the part I want. When I was ready with the coloring of the scalloped edges I used an embossing pen to give each of the flags some dimension.
My last layout with the kit...I made the scallop shape of this page.  
The bird was cut out from the pattern paper and I used Glimmer Mist and ink to achieve this color. The lace ribbon was colored with pink ink.
The centres of these beautiful white blooms were originally white but I wanted to match them with the colors of my layout and I colored them with a Copic marker.
I also made two cards from the Main kit......
To make this card I used the covers of the notebook journal from the Main kit . I used Gesso for the edges and I used my last hand-made flower ;-)
Thank you so much for taking the time to check my blog. 
I always appreciate it and I`m always curious about your 
opinion :-)!!!
Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Love your layouts Gerry very inspiring. Love your handmade flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zeer mooie layouts ... qua kleur en vormgeving. Je ziet dat je geen leek bent op het gebied van scrappen ;o)

    groetjes,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these on two peas and they are AMAZING!! I am now a follower! Would love for you to check out my blog

    Melissa
    http://www.burstsofcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work gerry, love those papers.
    Hugs, Corien

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey my friend some super great you made the kid
    Always know wonderful job with it.
    and some super cute photo,s did you use

    hugs~carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. отново толкова много красота,прекрасни цветя,както винаги и много се радвам когато споделяш как ги правиш
    Поздрави!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your work Gerry, Very Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wauw, je hebt jezelf weer gigantisch overtroffen...wat een prachtige layouts en kaartjes zijn dit! Ik vind het sowieso een erg leuke kit, maar met jouw prachtige creaties heb je me al helemaal overtuigd om dit papier nu ook aan te schaffen:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Gerry, Only just found you after looking for Tim Holtz flower inspiration. Your scrapbooking is superb. I have been scrapbooking for 6 years now, but love looking at other peoples LO's. your work is gorgeous. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete