Monday, November 8, 2010

Guest Designer at ScrapLounge ~tutorial~

Hi there!
This is my second layout I created for ScrapLounge where I`m guest-designing this month!
I provided a special step by step tutorial for them showing how I created the Inverted Scallop Border.

I used the gorgeous October Album Kit at My Creative Scrapbook .

Did you notice the red elegant bird? This is the Bird of Paraise :-)! I got the gorgeous Dusty Attic laser chipboard from my sweet friend Gabrielle Pollacco ....Thank you, Gabi!


And here is how it all began....
Step 1
Be sure before you begin you choose double-sided paper.
I firstly outlined a big oval shape using an oval bord. Then I outlined the half circles with the stencil you see on the photo all around the oval.
You can choose yourself how big the half circles will be.

Step 2
Cut the half outlined circles.

Step 3 & 4
My next step was to spray Glimmer Mist (Candy Apple red color). When it was dry I began making circular motions with the embossing pen on the half circles. In this way I gave some dimension.
N.B. The embossing pen is with an extra big ball in the end which makes it easier and faster to work with!

Step 5
After that I chose one of my swirly clear stamps and I began stamping round the oval.

Step 6
I inked the edges of the half circles with green and then I inked them with black.

Step 7
This is the final result from the Inverted Scallop Border I created for my project. Now I`m ready to begin with the finishing touches!

Step 8
My next step was to stamp the little flies on my layout. After that I stamped them once again on a white sheet of paper, I colored them in and then I cut them out!

Step 9
I hand-stitched all over the page.

Step 10
I applied green paint to the edges and when it was dry I applied a little bit of black ink. I added the flower cluster, the bird, the butterflies and the title embelishment. And finally I was ready for my photo :-)....

I hope you enjoyed my post and I wish you a great week!
Hugs,

41 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Gerry tis is gorgeous!!! I love the stamping around the cutout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, Gerry! What a fabulous LO. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! What a neat idea. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning Gerry thank you so much for the tutorial you make it look so easy my friend. xx Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tutorial!!! Thanks for sharing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful Gerry!! Thanks for sharing the details!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow,amazing work!!You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous! Very creative...I love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Гери ,възхищавам се на твоите творения,толкова красиви ,идейни....съвършени!Благодаря ти за описанието на твоята работа!
    Прекрасна и усмихната седмица!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Гери страничката е невероятно красива :))Много благодаря за урока:)))))Много ми харесва малката червена птичка и печатите,които си използвала:)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. hoi

    wow wat schitterend!!

    ik vind het een super lo!!

    gr regina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Gerry, een nieuw meesterwerkje!!! Prachtig gewoonweg. Bedankt voor de tutorial!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wouw, geweldig, en heel erg bedankt voor de turorial, zeker iets om een keer te proberen.


    Liefs Helga

    ReplyDelete
  14. This layout is fabulous! Thanks for answering my questions about hand cutting. I need to practice with my kraft knife, and I should get a new blade because I know that is the key! Happy crafting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wauw!! Wat een schitterende layout zeg en wat een leuk idee! Ik ga het denk ook eens proberen.

    Groetjes Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gerry , there is just no end to your talent and I love that you are always so willing to share !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Muito...mas muito lindo!!!!
    amo seus trabalhos...vc me inspira
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for great tutorial! I can't wait to try to repeat all steps in one of my next Lo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic tutorial Gerry. Your LO is absolutely gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Whoa Girl! This is GORGEOUS! Great tutorial and beautiful design! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful page! And thanks for the little tutorial - it's very useful :)!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Prachtig gedaan en de layout vind ik ook mooi van kleuren.

    groetjes,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nog vergeten .... proficiat met je layout van de week bij scrapbook challenges, die ze hebben uitgekozen ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great tutorial!! I love that idea, I can't wait to give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Het is een mooie Lo en een leuk idee om na te volgen.
    Groetjes, Martha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wat gaaf zeg!!! Bedankt voor het uitleggen, ga ik zeker een keer proberen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Een fantastische layout! Ook een prachtige foto, wat een mooie ogen zeg. Bedankt ook voor je uitleg :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow!!! The detail is amazing. there's even more than I thought there was.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Гери, прекрасна страничка.
    Беше ми интересно да видя как става създаването й, благодаря за това че си показала.
    Много харесвам творенията ти и ти се възхищавам.

    ReplyDelete
  30. That so beautiful gerry and i like your tutorial thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is such a gorgeous LO Gerry! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  32. LOVE this technique!!! I am using that sucker!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is absolutely STUNNING!!!! I love the inverted scallop!! The whole LO is just BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is awesome!! I absolutely love how you did that oval frame.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Find best online jobs ever where you can earn monthly earning without any risk, part time data entry copy pasting and facebook jobs, Join now
    RapidIncomeCorner.com

    ReplyDelete