Sunday, August 8, 2010

DT work for My Creative Scrapbook (part 2) - Limited Edition Kit

Hi there!
The Limited Edition kit is simply FABULOUS this month! Love every single bit of it.....Look at all the yummy  goodies....

I`ll begin straight with my first LO. A photo of Alexander. I did a lot of cutting here but I love the result :-)

Because I got lots of questions about the swirly background....here it is what I did:
I cut the pattern paper in two and I began cutting the swirls in the way that in the end it looked like a die-cut paper. When I was ready, after all the cutting ( poor me ;-)) I thought that it`s not what I wanted and I tried the other side of the pattern paper.....
....and VOILA.....that was exactly what I needed.....
I inked the edges, used embossing pen to give dimension and I added a few chippies....My next post will be a tutorial on How to make the flowers. 

My second page is very simple and elegant. I punched the holes again (so typically my style...lol), I hand-stitched (once again so much me ;-)) and I did again some cutting (my favorite part of the whole process of creating a page). Did I ever tell you I never use scissors .....I always cut with a hobby knife. I think my kids use my scissors more than I do... :-)
Just a close-up:

Another layout I created with such love. This photo of Leanne and Alex was taken in a photo studio in the town of Stara Zagora, Bulgaria. I was born and raised in Stara Zagora and I love my home town....who doesn`t :-) 
I was so nicely surprised to find these  Dusty Attic  chipboard corners in the kit that I jumped from joy :-) Nowadays, this is my favorite product...and I LOVE it!!!!!!!! 
TIP
I used embroidery floss around the pearls. 

My fourth page with the Limited Edition kit is again a very simple and elegant! I love that baby photo of Leanne focusing on her little fingers. I again did some cutting, hand stitching and I applied my  Inverted Scallop Border  ...

My last page from the kit! Just a photo of Leanne. Love working with the transparent doily. I placed it over colored cardstock and I hand-stitched it together with it. I used Copic Marker to color in between the stitched lines. 
Thank you so much for your patience to scroll down and see this long post :-) !!!!
Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. more STUNNING work from you! You are an amazing artist!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Gerry, your pages are anything but simple!!! I can't believe you cut all of that out!! and with an exacto/craft knife!!! All that stitching by hand... so time consuming!! It looks amazing! You always have so many wonderful little touches that make your LO's so special and uniquely yours. Beautiful, beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are lovely. And I do love those corners and hometown portraits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. просто удивителна работа!Възхищавам ти се на търпението ,умението и идеите които имаш!страхотна си!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gerry,ik zit je post te kijken en betrap mezelf er elke keer op dat ik ohhhh en ahhhhh zeg,wat mooi!!!Ik vind het stuk voor stuk meesterwerkjes,zo mooi!!Zoveel mooie details en wat een geweldig mooi werk!!
    Heel mooi gedaan,ik ben altijd heel erg onder de indruk van je werk!Super!!
    Fijne dag,Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wauw, wat maak je toch een waanzinnig mooie dingen, Gerry! Je werk met de main kit en LE kit is ook al zóóó gaaf! Je hebt een hele eigen stijl en het lijkt wel of alles wat je maakt sowieso al mooi wordt:) Ook bedankt voor de uitleg over die uitgeknipte swirls. Wat een goed idee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Гери, всички странички са изумително красиви и изпипани до съвършенство.
    Очарована съм за пореден път от таланта ти.
    Желая ти всичко най-добро!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, ze zijn allemaal zo mooi!!!! Prachtig gewoonweg Gerry!
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! Ca't wait to get my LE kit. Wish my LOs would turn out at least half this good! I feel inspired! Continuing to keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wat gaaf en wow Prachtig gemaakt en Wat super Mooie ideee Helemaal top meid

    xxxCarla

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pages.Always fresh and new things thank you

    ReplyDelete