Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Tutorial: Inverted Scallop border

Hi there!
As I promised here is my Inverted Scallop border tutorial. It`s very easy to make.


1. Firstly, Outline a big circle with a pencil (I used simply a big round plate). After that, outline the little (half) circles with the stencil (see on the photo below) all around the big circle.


2. Cut the half of the circles (as shown on the photo below) and invert them. Then it`s ready to be glued. I used glue dots to adhere the scallops but you can use foam tape for 3D effect.


3. You can distress, ink, stitch, etc. to add more details to your work.
    Double-sided paper is a must :-)


Thank you so much for stopping by!
hugs,

20 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the tip!!! Now I need to One of those things with circles!!! lol!
    I have to try this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome technique....thanks!!!!! Love the 7 Gypsies pp too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea! Now I need to figure out how to make my Cricut do that for me ... you've inpired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how beautiful!Wat handig!!!het ziet er super uit!!WAt een geweldig idee.
    Fijne dag,Jolanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. hoi Gerry wat een gaaf techniek ik ga het zeker onthouden

    goede dag meid!!

    XXCarla

    ReplyDelete
  6. This LO is super sweet!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for great idea!I should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stranichki wonderful, so beautiful and are made perfect, at first I thought that digital, glad that I met your blog and I'm looking forward your new proizvedeniya.Pozdravi

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! great idea, def going to try it out now, way cheaper to make scallop paper your self! thanks Gerry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So that's how ya did it!!! Thanks so much for sharing this Gerry. it is sucha great effect! gonna have to try it! Hugs, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for this great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the tutorial. Love it. Glad I found your blog yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hai gerry
    Erg mooie creatie weer.
    Ik kom snel weer even in de winkel kijken.
    gr sabine. (copic verslaafde)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great idea Gerry!!!!! Loved your blog and your work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Gerry, love your creative tutorials!!!! Gonna have to try this one too, thanks for sharing !!
    Astrid.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tutorial.
    The page is wonderful.
    The photos are so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the scalloped circles tutorial, Gerry! Thanks for sharing it! I look forward to giving it a try soon... :) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooooooooh, this is fabulous!! I might need to try this!

    ReplyDelete